- At last week’s Artists for Haiti Auction in New York City, Jennifer Aniston placed the winning bid on Glenn Ligon’s (IAIR 98.1) Stranger #44.
- Seattle-based artist Michael Leavitt makes action figures of prominent contemporary artists.
- London’s East Gallery will become the first gallery to host an Instagram exhibit. My World Share runs October 22-23.
- Looking to hone your understanding and appreciation of modern art without leaving your house? MoMA is offering self-guided and instructor-led online coursework.
- Glasstire readers select the peaks and valleys of the inaugural Houston Fine Arts Fair, which reported $6 million in sales and more than 10,000 attendees.
- Sunday marked the official opening of the Blanton Museum of Art’s El Anatsui: When I Last Wrote to You About Africa, a traveling retrospective of the Ghanain sculptor’s nearly four-decade career. The Blanton is the exhibition’s sole stop in the southwestern United States. (El Anatsui’s Sacred Moon pictured above.) The 60-piece retrospective runs through January 22, 2012.
Image credit: Photo from Daily Texan website