While the NBA lockout lingers to unknown lengths, heated with negotiations over the distribution of BRI, our current Artpace residents eye a known deadline for their November 17 IAIR 11.3 exhibitions.
With 10 days remaining until their work premieres, occupy your time with some art news:
- Jerry Saltz, art critic for New York Magazine and Bravo’s reality series Work of Art, answered 19 questions for ARTINFO’s questionnaire. Saltz references sports… just saying.
- The Wall Street Journal previews The Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, which opens this Friday in Bentonville, Arkansas. (Notice the sports reference at the end.)
- Modern Art Notes announced the November 10 premiere of its new podcast. It’s supposed to be fine arts meets NPR’s Fresh Air.
- Roberta Smith, New York Times art critic and wife of Jerry Saltz, reviews the Guggenheim’s Maurizio Cattelan retrospective.
- In honor of Andy Rooney: An Andy rant that as usual is uniquely Andy, this time on public art.
Image credit: Photo from Guggenheim website