Paid Undergraduate Summer Internship Opportunity
Artpace is excited to announce that we have been selected to participate in theArtsFund‘s Bexar County 2014 Intern Program! This means we will offer one (1) paid, full-time summer internship for undergraduates for 10 weeks beginning on June 2, 2014 and ending on August 8, 2014. The internship will be open to currently enrolled undergraduate college students who are Bexar County residents, attending a college or university in Bexar County or attending a college outside of the county as long as the student is a resident of Bexar County.
Artpace interns are an integral part of the organization and Artpace seeks self-motivated candidates that can work both independently and collaboratively in a professional setting. Interns apply their creativity, critical thinking skills, and enthusiasm to a wide range of projects under the mentorship of Artpace professionals.
The intern selected for the Bexar County 2014 Intern Program will assist Artpace’s Education Department with the coordination of its dynamic youth and adult programs. Artpace strives to offer interns experience that is not only applicable to their career path but also engaging for their personal interests as well. Internships will be tailored according to each student’s goals and opportunities could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating Camp Artpace activities for children age 6-12
- Assisting with preparation for Chalk It Up, Artpace’s largest annual community event with over 22,000 participants
- Gaining an international, national, and local perspective of contemporary art and Artpace through researching artists
- Developing curriculum based on Artpace artists and exhibitions
- Preparing for and facilitating creative projects
- Helping with program evaluation
- Observing and learning to conduct educational tours led by Artpace professionals
- Organizing evening programs and events
- Developing online educational resources
- Assisting with production of video and/or media resources created for a variety of audiences that help bring visibility and awareness for Artpace’s exhibitions and International Artist-in-Residence program
- Designing signage, programs, and invitations for Artpace’s educational programs
How to apply:
To apply for The Bexar County 2014 Intern Program position at Artpace please submit the following by 5pm on Tuesday, April 1. Applications should be emailed (.pdf format only) to Taylor Browning, Assistant Curator of Education, Teen and University Programs at email@example.com. All applicants will be contacted no later than April 15, 2014.
- Cover letter thoughtfully and clearly describing how your skills and experience meet the internship position and how having a paid internship will help support your professional goals.
- Current CV or résumé, including contact information for two (2) references
- Completed Artpace Bexar County 2014 Intern Program Application
- Letter of recommendation